Canarywood can almost be rainbow colored with dark red streaks along with the natural orange, yellow, and brown coloration. It has medium texture and weight with open pores.
Canarywood is said to have good acoustic properties and is sometimes used for speaker enclosures or entertainment system cabinets.
- Common Names: Canarywood, Canary, Yellow Tarara, Centrolobium spp
- Origin: Central America, South America
- Color: Irregular in color with a range from a pale yellow/orange to a darker reddish brown with streaks of red, purple, and black
- Janka Hardness: 1520 lbs/ft
- Avg. Weight: 3.92 lbs/bdft
- General Workability: Canarywood is easy to work with using both hand and machine tools. It has good dimensional stability and turns, glues and finishes well.
Project Ready? These thin wood sheets are perfect for scroll sawing, laser cutting and engraving, thick veneers, and much more.
Our Project Ready Canarywood boards are kiln dried and surfaced and sanded to 150 grit on two sides.
Sizes are exact. |
This is all solid Canarywood hardwood, not plywood, and is not glued. |
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
These Canarywood boards are solid hardwood, sanded to 150 grit on two sides. Sizes are exact.