About Aromatic Red Cedar
Commonly known as Eastern Red Cedar, this wood has a strong and distinctive aroma. It is soft with a fine even texture. The trees are very slow growing and most that are harvested tend to be small in diameter. This results in boards that are often narrow and knotty.
- Common Names: Red Cedar, Eastern Red Cedar, Red Juniper, Juniperus virginiana
- Origin: Eastern United States
- Color: Light reddish or violet-brown with pale yellow or white streaks
- Janka Hardness: 900 lbs/ft
- Avg. Weight: 2.78 lbs/bdft
- General Workability: Aromatic Red Cedar is easy to cut and work with although the knots can cause difficulty. It laser engraves, cuts, glues, and finishes well. Leaving it unfinished preserves its distinctive cedar smell.
Project Ready? These thin wood sheets are perfect for scroll sawing, laser cutting and engraving, thick veneers, and much more.
Our Project Ready Aromatic Red Cedar boards are kiln dried and surfaced and sanded to 150 grit on two sides.
Sizes are exact. |
This is all solid Aromatic Red Cedar hardwood, not plywood, and is not glued. |
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
These Aromatic Red Cedar boards are solid hardwood, sanded to 150 grit on two sides. Sizes are exact.