About Curly Maple
Curly Maple is Maple wood with a unique wavy or curly pattern in the grain. The ripples in the grain pattern create a three dimensional effect that looks like the wood has curled along the length of the board. The pattern is most noticeable after a finish is applied. This is a medium figured wood, and some boards may be brown in color.
- Common Names: Curly Maple, Curly Soft Maple, Flame Maple, Fiddleback Maple, Acer rubrum
- Origin: Midwest and eastern United States
- Color: Creamy white, sometimes with reddish-brown heartwood, curly pattern that shows best after a finish is applied
- Janka Hardness: 950 lbs/ft
- Avg. Weight: 3.44 lbs/bdft
- General Workability: Curly Maple has good workability and is easy to cut. It laser engraves, takes nails and screws, and glues well. Curly Maple finishes with a high polish.
Project Ready? These thin wood sheets are perfect for scroll sawing, laser cutting and engraving, thick veneers, and much more.
Our Project Ready Curly Maple boards are kiln dried and surfaced and sanded to 150 grit on two sides.
Sizes are exact. |
This is all solid Curly Maple hardwood, not plywood, and is not glued. |
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
These Curly Maple boards are solid hardwood, sanded to 150 grit on two sides. Sizes are exact.