Lacewood is a moderately hard wood with a lace or leopard print pattern. While we often carry up to 8" wide stock, narrower boards best show the natural pattern.
- Common Names: Leopardwood, Brazilian Lacewood, South American Lacewood, Silky Oak, Roupala montana
- Origin: South America
- Color: Pink to reddish-brown, light grey or brown marks resembling a lace or leopard print pattern
- Janka Hardness: 710 lbs/ft
- Avg. Weight: 3.15 lbs/bdft
- General Workability: Overall Lacewood is fairly easy to work with. It glues, stains, and finishes well.
Project Ready? These thin wood sheets are perfect for scroll sawing, laser cutting and engraving, thick veneers, and much more.
Our Project Ready Lacewood boards are kiln dried and surfaced and sanded to 150 grit on two sides.
Sizes are exact. |
This is all solid Lacewood hardwood, not plywood, and is not glued. |
100% satisfaction guaranteed.
These Lacewood boards are solid hardwood, sanded to 150 grit on two sides. Sizes are exact.