Ocooch Hardwoods is hiring qualified personnel
Ocooch Hardwoods is a family business run by eight brothers. We sort rough lumber, run boards through various machines to cut it down to a workable, sanded sizes, and package and ship finished pieces to customers. Ocooch Hardwoods has grown exponentially in the past tens years averaging a minimum of 40% growth per year.
At Ocooch Hardwoods you’ll work with a team of six to eight others and be given tasks such as picking rough lumber, running the sander, or packaging. Tasks may vary from day to day, and you’ll be able to incorporate more variety as you learn how to operate the various stages.
- Must be a good fit with the business and family environment
- Good work ethic
- A general knowledge of woodworking is beneficial but not required
You will learn how to:
- Distinguish between various species of wood–both exotic and domestic
- Operate various machinery such as a sander or resaw
- Understand the flow of work in the shop from one stage to the next
- Most tasks in the shop require the ability to lift and maneuver a maximum of 50 lbs in the form of packages or rough boards
- Must not have any allergies to sawdust or exotic woods such as Yellowheart
- Ear protection provided
- Secure job that weathers economical shifts well
- Huge potential for growth both in salary and position (dependent on personal initiative)
- Family work environment
- Option to listen to music or other audio during work hours
- Standard work hours Monday through Friday
- Consistent work routine
- Indoor work environment protected from elements
Starting wage as high as $50k/year, dependent on position.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Full-time and temporary part-time positions available.